Our registered users (“Members”) share their identities, build and interact with their network, post content, and find resources and opportunities.
To help protect against unauthorized disclosure of the information you share with us, we limit employee access to our customer files only to those with a need to know. We make all efforts to keep your Personal Information secure, including the use of a secure connection and a secure server that is administered for us by a service provider. Our service providers have agreed not to disclose to third parties’ confidential information received from Freddie, except to their employees and contractors who need to know such information to carry out their responsibilities. Each service provider is required to inform such third parties of the existence and requirements of this confidentiality obligation.
What is Personal Information? Broadly speaking, Personal Information means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a you or your household.
Personal Information We Collect:
- Information you provide:
- Registration: By agreeing to the use of the Site, Freddie, or its predecessors, affiliates, parents, you have provided certain personal information. In addition, we may possess or obtain additional Personal Information about you!
- Profile: We collect and gather Personal Information you post on your profile and otherwise use our Services. You have broad latitude in the information you post on your profile, and some information may add to the effectiveness of the Services and your user experience.
- Use of Service: We collect Personal Information when you utilize the Services, including without limitation, when you upload contact information or photographs, your network, and commercial data.
- Your activities: When you use the Site, we may automatically collect certain information about you, your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. In addition, your use of the Site may require the disclosure of your Personal Information.
- We also may collect information from any messaging within the site, including posts or responses on your Profile, for various reasons, including for example, to manage or block content that violates our User Agreement or other policies.
- From Others: We may receive your Personal Information when others, for example, import or sync their contacts or calendar with our Services, post on their Profiles, or send messages using our Services (including invites or connection requests). If you or others opt-in to sync email accounts with our Services, we will also collect “email header” information that we can associate with Member profiles
- Device Information: Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about your communications with us, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
- Information you provide:
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, click here.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use the Personal Information in numerous ways including to enhance the Site experience, our Services, and to provide marketing information to you. To such ends, we use this Personal Information to, for example, (and without limitation):
- Communicate with you, via email, phone, notifications, mail, reminders, or otherwise;
- Confirm identification and screen for fraud, if applicable;
- Suggest new opportunities, connections and contacts,
- Marketing Communications: We provide direct communications to you from our family of brands, including personalized marketing communication such as information about new products, services and offers tailored to your interests;
- Making Connections; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services or those of our partners or affiliates.
Your profile is publicly visible/visible to other Members. Your Personal Information will appear on your Profile. It’s your choice whether to include sensitive information on your profile and to make that sensitive information public. Please do not post or add personal data to your profile that you would not want to be publicly available.
We may also use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
While you may change your communication preferences. Please be aware that you cannot opt out of receiving service messages from us, including security and legal notices.
In addition to advertising our Services, we use Personal Information for promotional purposes, promoting our Services, and those of our affiliates, and we reserve the right to use your Personal Information, including photos you may provide, for such uses.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We use others to help us provide our Services (e.g., maintenance, analysis, audit, payments, fraud detection, marketing and development). They will have access to your Personal Information as reasonably necessary to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for other purposes. Any Personal Information is subject to any partners or affiliates privacy policies.
We reserve the right to share, rent, release, or otherwise sell Personal Information to any third party, for consideration or otherwise, at our discretion.
We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page.
Personal Information Options
We generally retain your personal data as long as you keep your account open or as needed to provide you Services. This includes information you or others provided to us and information generated or inferred from your use of our Services. Some Personal Information may be retained after deletion of your account.
If you are a California resident you have the right to request all Personal Information we have collected from you (free of charge), and/or for us to delete such information. You may also ask us to refrain from sharing or selling your Personal Information with third parties, including our affiliates if they are separate legal entities, for direct marketing purposes.
We share or sell Personal Information to third parties. You may opt out by following this link. Do Not Sell My Personal Information
To best protect your privacy, we may be required to verify your identity for any above request. If so, we may ask for a limited amount of identifying information, including, for example, your name, telephone number, e-mail address, mailing address, and last transaction amount. We will match this information to the information on our systems. For an online request to delete, we will also send you a second verification to confirm that you want your information to be deleted. In order to designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf you must provide the authorized agent with written permission to do so, and your authorized agent must submit that written proof at the time they make the request on your behalf. If you wish to make multiple requests under this section, we recommend sending the deletion request last, as we may not be able to fulfill your other requests once we have deleted your information. We will maintain a record of your request to know or request to delete
Please note that if we delete your personal information, some of our services may not work the same. These are unintended and unavoidable results of deleting your Personal Information. However, in no way will you face any discrimination or intentional consequences if you elect to exercise any of your rights listed herein – you will still be permitted to make a purchase, start an account, or otherwise engage with and utilize our services.
- Customer Service: Our ability to handle customer service requests may be limited. We may not have the ability to look up prior orders or account information and may request proof of purchase in order to best serve your needs.
- Online Account: Your online account and history will be deleted, including without limitation, search history, saved addresses, saved connections and any other saved preferences.
Our services are generally not directed to children under 16. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under 16 without parental consent. If you become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 16 without parental consent, please let us know so we can take appropriate action.
How We Protect Personal Information
In proportion to the sensitivity of the information, we maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and/or physical safeguards and appropriate security measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the information you provide. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information, as no electronic data transmission or storage of information is completely secure. If an incident is reported affecting your information, we will investigate and comply with all required reporting obligations.
We may not delete all of your personal information if one of the following exceptions applies:
- Transactional: to complete a transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or perform a contract we have with you;
- Security: to detect data security incidents;
- Error Correction: to debug or repair any errors;
- Legal: to protect against fraud or illegal activity or to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law, such as the right to free speech; or
- Internal Use: to use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information (i.e. to improve our services).